Regarding COVID-19 Home Test Kit instructions
- If you have appeared severe COVID-19 symptoms, you should wear a medical mask and head to medical centers to seek doctors’ help instead of using a home test kit. On your way to medical center, please avoid taking mass transportation and at once contact the Division of Health Service 03-5743000 during office hours (Mon to Fri, 8:00-17:00) or Division of Student Assistance 03-5711814 offering 24-hr service.
- Please ensure the product is within the expiration date: When you purchase a home test kit, please ensure that it contains the Government Approval Number and it is within the expiration date. In addition, you could browse through the website of the Food and Drug Administration to examine the approved list of home test kit.
- Please read the manual thoroughly: Home test kit of different firms might differ in its use, please adhere to the instructions on the manual. Besides, please adhere to the waiting time of each kit less it leads to the misjudgment.
- The follow-up procedure of the test result
- The result is positive: please adhere to “Instruction of Home Test Kit” from the Ministry of Health and Welfare and at once contact the Division of Health Service 03-5743000 during office hours (Mon to Fri, 8:00-17:00) or Division of Student Assistance 03-5711814 offering 24-hr service.
- The result is negative: A negative result does not guarantee anything because it might be a false-negative or that the quantity of virus is too rare to be tested. Please engage yourself in the self-health management continually as well as adhere to regulation of CDC preventive measures inclusive of washing hand frequently, wearing a mask when going out, supervising your body temperature every day. After taking the test, please put the swab and test solution in a sealed plastic bag and dispose of normally.
- Others regarding COVID-19 Home Test Kit instructions, please refer to the video made by the CDC ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=DweBLdSwTtY ).